Impact of Academic Council
- Supports student retention
- Engages students in learning
- Promotes student academic success
- Fosters personal and professional growth
Academic Council Recommendation on Advising
• The Academic Council endorses the initiative to implement information exchange, recognition, and student feedback to enhance advising and improve retention.
• In addition to student feedback, board input should play an important role in member recognition.
The Mission of Academic Council is to:
- Help students explore and maximize their educational opportunities at BSC
- Help students succeed academically, professionally, and personally
- Provide resources to support teachers in their work
- Provide recognition to teaching that support the goals of BSC’s Academic Council
Council Meetings Topics
- The Changing Role of Academic Council Members
- The Process of Monitoring: (Formal and Developmental Monitoring)
- Developmental Monitoring Best Practices
- BSC Learning Communities
- Campus Academic Programms
- Academic Council Resources
- Evaluation of Council Activites
Topics for the monthly conference
- 1) A discussion on the most current information available for academic council at BSC.
- 2) A discussion on the types of informational resources needed for academic council and students.
- 3) What can be done to improve and update the existing academic resources?