Education at Blue Sky Campus
The Bachelor of Education program at Blue Sky Campus is one of the most respected teacher preparation programs in Eastern Sri Lanka. Blue Sky Campus Education degree prepares students to teach in virtually any classroom, anywhere.
The goal of our Bachelor of Education program is to teachers who will become student-centered educational leaders with a commitment to the important mission of educating generations to come.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Education degree, students will be well prepared to take on teaching challenges in a broad range of classroom settings. Students will also be eligible to apply for a Post graduate diploma in education, which equips students to teach in the primary or secondary school classroom.
Students may choose from two Program Options:
Students may pursue their Bachelor of Education in one of two ways:
- Consecutive – Students will complete two semesters of teacher education after completing college of education (3 years) or equivalent. Students may complete this program in as little as 15 months.
- Initial – Students will complete six semesters after completing G.C.E Advanced Level. Students may complete this program in 36 months.
What to expect when students graduate
Blue Sky’s Bachelor of Education program has an excellent reputation in the public schools, which into job offers shortly after graduation. Graduates of our program to teach in public schools, community colleges and at international institutions. Many pursue advanced degrees.
Highlights for a Bachelor of Education
- Education professors stay abreast of current literature and methodology discussed in professional journals so our students learn the very latest techniques and approaches.
- Students learn to use the latest classroom technology including such resources as Smart boards, student response systems, digital document cameras and infrared classroom sound amplification.
- The program includes 24 weeks in the classroom – 4 weeks of observation and 20 consecutive weeks of actual teaching experience. Students complete their first semester course work before they are in a classroom so they can get maximum benefit from their observations.
Programme Outline – Top-up
Programme duration is one academic year (2 semesters). Maximum period of completion of degree is 3 years from the date of registration.
Eligibility for Admission for the Course
This programme is design as general degree with duration for more than one year with two semesters (36 credits). Candidates admitted to the Degree of Bachelor of Education in general degree programme must satisfy the minimum entrance requirements of the Pathumthani University (PTU). They must also satisfy Blue Sky Campus requirements before registering for courses in this programme.
In satisfying the minimum entrance requirements of the University, candidates must have a teacher in the government school with 05 teaching experiences. And he/she completed certificate of teacher’s training college or diploma in teaching of college of education. Alternatively, admission may be granted to holders of Diploma in teaching in any field of education with 05 years teaching experiences.
Selection will be made by selection test followed by an interview.
The composition of the selection tests will be as follows:
General knowledge of Education
The composition for the interview shall be the Rector, Dean, Consultant of the Education, Blue Sky Campus, Batticaloa, Sri Lanka.
All candidates are required to obtain 36 credits from the courses at the end of the successful completion.
All students are required to satisfy 80% of attendance to get the eligibility to sit each end semester examination.
Medium of Instruction
Tamil / English medium
There will be 12 courses in two semesters and the details are given in the following table. The students are requested to sit all courses during this period. All the courses are compulsory.
Status of the structure of Bachelor of Educational programme
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits||Teaching hrs|
|BED 1113||Pedagogical Psychology||3||45|
|BED 1123||Educational Philosophy||3||45|
|BED 1133||Research Methods in Education||3||45|
|BED 1143||Measurement and Evaluation||3||45|
|BED 1153||Special Needs Education||3||45|
|BED 1163||Educational Management and Development||3||45|
|BED 1213||Curriculum Theories and Practice||3||45|
|BED 1223||Sociology of Education||3||45|
|BED 1233||Teaching Methods and Techniques||3||45|
|BED 1243||Contemporary issues and policies in Education||3||45|
|BED 1253||Comparative Education||3||45|
|BED 1263||Dissertation (Action Research at Classroom Level)||3||–|
Programme Outline – General (initial) will be updated soon…